So let’s say you’re unfortunate enough to live in a country where the people who governate you:
1. Are a the beck and call of the police who involve themselves in the legislative process.
2. Are keen to spend lots of your tax dollars by giving it to mercenary spivs who live on a beach (half a billion) to “care” for refugees, and people who don’t ask for it and have no idea how to manage an ecosystem like say a reef (another half a billion) , while happily flying around the place on airforce planes to see hockey games or hang out with Royalty.
3. Lie. Openly and blatantly misrepresenting what they are told by their own security agencies to score political points by instilling inane fear into the population.
4. Publicly forbid the rooting of staff by ministers. Yet, allegations of rape by LNP staffers and indeed Ministers, keep surfacing like greasy scum floating to the top of a septic tank.
5. Send the Feds in to raid those filthy communists…oops, trade unions, and call the media so they can film the shit-show and score political points, but then somehow everyone loses evidence and no follow-up is possible.
6. Maintain and recharge the unwinnable War on Drugs despite being told by every medical organisation that this is stupid, but since the government says it has its own doctors these other doctors don’t know shit, but then the government doesn’t tell anyone who these other doctors are.
7. Make the people pay for the police to do their job. Again. And again. And some more. And again.
8. Sell off important things the nation once owned (like water and electricity) to other people from other countries.
9. Steadfastly refuse to make multinationals pay income tax.
Boris is a writer who has contributed to many magazines and websites over the years, edited a couple of those things as well, and written a few books. But his most important contribution is pissing people off. He feels this is his calling in life and something he takes seriously. He also enjoys whiskey, whisky and the way girls dance on tables. And riding motorcycles. He's pretty keen on that, too.